Blog Journal 5

     While I feel that Diigo has great potential for certain situations and disciplines, I have not found it to be especially helpful in my own experience. It is a neat concept, but I feel that it is inferior to simple classroom conversation. Were I in an online class, I think I would find it far more useful.
     Contrary to what I anticipated, I have thoroughly enjoyed the blogging aspect of this course. It's oddly calming to be able to just write my own opinions with very little filtering compared to other writing for school. The informality of blogs make them very easy to express my feelings and opinions on things we have studied and used in class easier than a formal assignment would, or even classroom discussion. I almost wish more classes were able to make use of blogs.
    As for a tool I intend to use in my future as an educator, YouTube immediately comes to mind. YouTube holds an enormous wealth of music, information, entertainment, and basically anything you could think of. As a history educator, videos on things that I myself not be too well versed in could be watched and discussed in class, and the ease of use for the websites could even allow students to create their own videos. I believe that ignoring YouTube is a massive waste for the modern educator.

Comments

  1. I agree with you! YouTube is a valuable resource both for consuming and producing. Having students create videos is definitely a very interesting project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment