Blog Journal 1  
   Efficiency is a goal of virtually any profession, and teaching is no exception, it is not surprise then, that technologies that make teaching and learning more efficient have been adopted as soon as they are made available. From the simple slate board, to the expo marker, to modern computers and software, technology has always been used by educators to further their craft, and their students' knowledge.
     To me, one of the most important ISTE standards for educators is learning. Technology is always advancing and developing, and educators must not fall behind. By constantly learning how to use and incorporate new technologies, we remain ahead of the curve, and as well suited to educate as we can possibly be. Admittedly, I do struggle a bit with the design standard, as I do not consider myself an especially creative person.
    For my generation and those younger than me, I think the phrase "digital native" is a very apt descriptor. I grew up incorporating computers in my education and free time. I remember using phonics software even in kindergarten, and watching youtube videos with by younger brother when I was still very young. We have grown up with these technologies, and are very comfortable with them. One thing I have noticed in college is that professors often struggle with small easily fixable issues, as they are digital immigrants, and did not grow up using the technology. Things like making a video play sound, or opening a PDF file the way they want are sometimes difficult for them, when solutions seem obvious for people my own age.

Comments

  1. Being creative is definitely not an easy thing to do. It does not necessarily mean that you have to be super imaginative or come up with brand new ideas. Instead, it emphasizes on generating your original ideas and it can be facilitated by technology.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment